Cocoa is considered a super-food when it’s not hydrogenated and made into cocoa mix from the grocery store. It's packed with mood enhancers, cognitive enhancers and antioxidants. But, once it's packed into those Hot Chocolate containers you can buy at the grocery store, the nutrients are overpowered by sugar. Getting the organic, un-touched cocoa power from the grocery store (or specialty stores) will help keep the sugar out and the nutrients and antioxidants in.
Here's great recipe for both hot chocolate as well as a yogurt parfait that will have your brain up and running for study sessions.
What You'll Need:
Organic cocoa powder
milk (of your choice)
and assortment of fruits
microwave or stove (pot/pan)
cayenne pepper, espresso or cinnamon
- Heat milk in a microwave safe mug or on the stove in a pot or pan.
- Add cocoa power to the mug you've put the heated milk into.
- Optional: add in cayenne pepper, espresso or cinnamon for added energy.
- Grab vanilla yogurt from the refrigerator, place in bowl or cup.
- Add in fruit of your choice and almonds.
- Optional: stir yogurt mixture until ingredients are mixed into yogurt.
- Enjoy your study-time snack!